

Yesterday was our first day of homeschooling. We are doing a unit study, which is where you study a certain topic and relate the all the subjects to that. Ian was interested in the Boston Tea Party, so we are starting with some of the events leading up to the Revolutionary War. We will read books and have vocabulary, spelling, and other things from those books.
In the morning, we started by reading some things from Ian's Bible, and he copied a few verses. Then we read a book called "The Start of the Revolutionary War: Paul Revere Rides at Midnight." (That is a really great series of books.) We read it through once talking about the vocabulary words we would be doing, and discussing some of the things in the book. Then we read it a second time with no interruptions. After that, he read his Magic Tree House Book "Revolutionary War on Wednesday."
When he finished that we had been doing school for 1 1/2 hours, and I told him he could take a break to play. I was looking up some books online, and turned to ask him a question. He was sitting on the futon reading. (See pictures above) I found it funny that he was taking a break from school to read.
In the afternoon, we took Isabelle and Kathleen to preschool. Ian, Caleb, and I went to the grocery store. We managed to work in some fractions while we were there. Then we went to the library and checked out more books. I think we have 30-40 library books out from the library in Cut Bank, and more from the one in Browning. On the way back to Browning, we listened to another Magic Tree House Book on CD. Ian doesn't realize all of the things that he normally does that are a part of learning. He loves to read, and he is so curious about the way things work.
After we were home, I gave him a test to place his level in Math. We are going to use Saxon Math, starting with Level 3. And that was it for the first day of school.
1 comments:
hi anna,
how are you??
this is cheryl stumpf from handi camp.
hey there, I have been reading your blog for a bit over a month now and thought I would write and say Hi I hope you get this.
I am continually praying for you and your family. I can see that the Lord is really using you all in a great way and I am excited to hear everything that will happen to you all in the future.
if you get this and have time I would love to hear from you
may the Lord bless you all
cheryl
Post a Comment