
These are pictures of the inside of our apartment. I will post the outside pictures separately, because there are quite a few of the inside. There are 3 steps up the front of the building to the front door. After you go through the front door, you can up a flight of steps (on the left) to Apts 1&2, or down 3 steps to Apts 3&4. If you continue past 3&4 there is another flight of stairs which goes down to Apts 5&6. We are in Apt 5. Fortunately, we had lots of help when we were unloading. That is a lot of steps to carry things down! The building is on a hill, so the back door of the building is at ground level. Once the U-haul was empty enough, Stephen drove around to the back and we carried things in that way. That was much easier.
Things are still not unpacked and put away, etc, but it will give you the general idea.
Directly inside the front door is the hallway. The door to our bedroom is directly on the right, then the door to another hallway, a closet door, the kitchen/living room area, and the bathroom door on the right.

This is our bedroom. We wanted to move it upstairs, but found out we weren't allowed. Yes, that is linoleum on our bedroom floor. I know you are jealous.
Inside the door to the right, there is a closet. It is about the size of one of our closets, in Browning. (We each had one.) As long as Stephen realizes that I need more space than he does, we shouldn't have a problem.

This picture is taken from the doorway to the inside hallway. We have a coat rack, and a small bench to put shoes underneath. There is also a closet under the stairs on the left.

This is the living room. The computer and stereo are on the desk, there is a pantry door and part of the kitchen table in the picture, too.

This is the kitchen. You can see the edge of the pantry and the desk in the picture. It is pretty small. The green curtain in the background covers sliding doors that house all of the fuse boxes etc, for the building, so we have to keep that area clean. There were dishes in the cabinets, so I unpacked some of mine. I left some of the ones that were out, and packed away the ones I didn't think I could use. I could barely fit our Rotisserie in the cabinets. They are all very shallow and small. I finally found space in one of the bottom ones. I am still trying to get used to cooking in the small space, and I am learning what works. The oven is so small I can not fit my large cookie sheet in, but I have a neighbor across the hall who offered the use of hers when we need it.
I have also learned to do any baking at night. It has been pretty warm here, and we don't have air conditioning. The rest of the house stays fairly comfortable with fans, but there is not much air circulation in the kitchen. I'm hoping when the winter comes, the kitchen will stay warm with use of the oven. :)

This is one of the bedrooms upstairs. This is the "boys side." The upstairs bedrooms are bigger than the downstairs, and we had room to put all 3 kids in one room. (There is no door to the outside from the upstairs.) They each have a dresser. You can see Caleb's in the back, and the edge of Ian's right inside the door.

This is the other bedroom upstairs, which we have turned into an office/playroom. This room still needs the most unpacking and organizing. The closet in here will have the treadmill, some storage, and some of my crafting things. There are also 2 small linen closets at the top of the stairs. About 1/2 of one closet is linens, and the rest is my crafting stuff and the kids crafting stuff.

We still need to get things unpacked, put away, organized, etc. We started classes this week, so we haven't had much time. Hopefully, we will get some things done this weekend.


1 comments:
oh mercy! you and I are used to small kitchens but this one is beyond small! thankfully, the time there is short in the over all scheme of things! ;)
I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous of all the linoleum! ;) SERIOUSLY! It's easier to keep clean and dust mite free!!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment