Friday, November 20, 2009

Airport in France and a brief update



Poor Caleb! He was so exhausted during (and after) all of our traveling.
As we approach the end of our first week in Impfondo, we are all beginning to become accustomed to life here.
Everyone is adjusting well. We haven't done much this week except unpack and try to learn how to function in daily life here.
This morning Stephen and I had a chance to visit a leprosy group home- not sure exactly what it is called. Stephen was able to do a quick physical exam on the people who had problems and prescribe some treatment or medicine. Of course, he was supervised by a missionary nurse!
I am beginning to learn how to shop for food and cook here. It is quite a challenge for me. The kids were happy with the "Super Easy Biscuits" we had tonight, and I was happy with the "super easy" part of the recipe.
This weekend will be more of the same, and then Stephen starts to work on Monday.
Keep this hospital and this area in your prayers. Refugees from the fighting in the DRC have been trickling in over the last few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous

I've been keeping up with Dr. Harvey's and Stephen's updates on Facebook as well as the article Stephen posted today. I reposted it on my page, so many people are praying with me and all of you!

Emmy

Glad to hear of adjustments going well. Praying for more "super easy" recipes for you!!