Every morning, we are up early- that is Stephen, Caleb, and I. We usually here people outside waking up and moving around once it begins to get light. This is around 5:30-6:00. Ian and Isabelle usually sleep a little later, and I wake them up if they are not up by 7:00. Stephen leaves for work at 7:00, while the rest of us have breakfast and do morning chores.School starts at 8:00. (That's the goal anyway.) We start with Bible, and then do spelling, math, reading, handwriting, and history before lunch. We don't do everything in the same order every day. There tend to be a lot of interruptions, so we just go with the flow.
We have been doing a unit study on states for history. Now that we have all of our school books (yeah!), we are going to start the sonlight history (american history part 1), science and language arts, as well as continuing the other subjects.
We are doing a 4 day week for school (Mon-Thurs) so that we can have games on Friday morning, and take the afternoon off. We still do some "school" things (like math flashcards), but as long as we make it into a game, it's fun. We also do some puzzles and other games like scrabble jr, uno, Crimestoppers, and matching games.
The pictures are from last Friday. Caleb and Isabelle did pattern blocks while Ian was working on some Tanagram puzzles. I like it when they think I am just letting them play, but I know that they're learning.
1 comments:
YIKES, 5:30am??? ACK! What time do you go to bed??
Post a Comment