Monday, October 22, 2012

A Typical School Day

 We begin our typical school day at 8:00 AM.  We start with Bible time together.  At 8:45, we start on Language Arts and Math.  I do math with each child individually, youngest to oldest.  They have a lesson time, followed by an assignment in their work books.

Ian is hard at work.
During this time, they all work on their various language arts workbooks.  When I m done teaching math, I help with any parts they can't do on their own.
We usually take the table out on the porch, but sometimes work inside.  Isabelle likes to set up her  own workstation, using several chairs or the little tables we have.

We continue this work until 10:00 AM.  As they complete their work, they place each book on my desk.  I try to grade as many as I can during this time, so that we can go over corrections right away.

0 comments: