

I thought that it would be fun to try to blog about our typical week.
This morning we went to church. Of course, I forgot to take the camera! So after church I did take some pictures of the kids. Isabelle and Caleb are looking at pictures, which they love to do quite often. The reason all of the kids are looking past me is b/c we just turned the Charlie Brown Halloween movie on when I took the pictures. I can't compete with that!
I teach the preschool Sunday school class. It is 3-4 yr olds (plus Caleb). We had seven this morning. They are a fun group, but they definitely keep me hopping. Stephen is in a adult Sunday School class, and Ian is in a K-2nd grade class. We don't have Sunday School in the summer, so this was only our 2nd week.
The next thing is church. Everybody starts out together for prayer, songs, and announcements. Then the children go back to children's church.
This week, we were teaching. We started the program this time last year, and it has really grown! We started with 7-8 kids. This week we had 20. Our church has added alot of people, and many of them are families with young children. It is exciting, but it can be a little hectic in children's church. We are dividing them into two groups. We still have some wrinkles to work out, but it is going well. The younger (preschool) group is about 1/2 of the kids, so we make them one class and then Kindergarten and up for the other group.
We have been very blessed to have lots of volunteers to help us out with Children's church. We always have a teen helper, and we usually teach 2 weeks a month and other people do the rest.
After church, we come home for lunch. Then, if I'm lucky like today, Stephen watches the kids while I take a nap.
The rest of the day, we don't do much. It's just a nice day for us to relax and spend some time together as a family.
This morning we went to church. Of course, I forgot to take the camera! So after church I did take some pictures of the kids. Isabelle and Caleb are looking at pictures, which they love to do quite often. The reason all of the kids are looking past me is b/c we just turned the Charlie Brown Halloween movie on when I took the pictures. I can't compete with that!
I teach the preschool Sunday school class. It is 3-4 yr olds (plus Caleb). We had seven this morning. They are a fun group, but they definitely keep me hopping. Stephen is in a adult Sunday School class, and Ian is in a K-2nd grade class. We don't have Sunday School in the summer, so this was only our 2nd week.
The next thing is church. Everybody starts out together for prayer, songs, and announcements. Then the children go back to children's church.
This week, we were teaching. We started the program this time last year, and it has really grown! We started with 7-8 kids. This week we had 20. Our church has added alot of people, and many of them are families with young children. It is exciting, but it can be a little hectic in children's church. We are dividing them into two groups. We still have some wrinkles to work out, but it is going well. The younger (preschool) group is about 1/2 of the kids, so we make them one class and then Kindergarten and up for the other group.
We have been very blessed to have lots of volunteers to help us out with Children's church. We always have a teen helper, and we usually teach 2 weeks a month and other people do the rest.
After church, we come home for lunch. Then, if I'm lucky like today, Stephen watches the kids while I take a nap.
The rest of the day, we don't do much. It's just a nice day for us to relax and spend some time together as a family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment