

On Monday, while Stephen went back to his conference, the kids and I went exploring again. We walked down Alaskan Way (the street our hotel is on). But we went the opposite direction from yesterday. We came to an area with a small park. (I don't remember the name.) The kids had fun climbing on the rocks, and looking at the water. The day was still rather overcast and chilly, so we didn't stay for a long time. Isabelle and Caleb spent most of their time riding in the stroller. But Ian is a real trouper. He walked and walked and walked. I don't think he ever gets tired! Now I understand more why it is so hard for him to sit still in school. If we could only have him walk 2-3 miles before he starts, he might do better! There is a bicycle trail that runs behind the park. It goes around the whole city of Seattle. Wherever we were, we saw bicyclists. There was also and Olympic Sculpture Park right beside the trail. It is free, but the kids weren't really impressed. Ian wants to know the practicality of things..."but what do they use it for?" After the park, we walked back down to the area where the aquarium is located. The kids had seen some toys that they wanted in a place called Pirate's Plunder. Ian picked out a sword, and Isabelle picked out a dress-up Pirate girl outfit. She looks very cute in it. I will have to post a picture of it later.We ate at a seafood place. Isabelle and Caleb had chicken strips, but Ian tried some fish. He had fish (Cod) and chips. He seemed surprised by the fact that he enjoyed it! After lunch, we went to an area called Pikes Place Market. It is an open air market on the first level. There are lots of little shops and vendors on the first level, and then you can go up or down several levels. There were vendors with fresh fish, fruit and vegetable stands, handmade crafts, etc. There was pretty much everything you could imagine. There are also many restaurants, shops, etc, on the streets around the market. One that was fun for the kids was a cheese shop. You can watch them making cheese through the window. There were many different ethnic food stores. The best smelling one was a french bakery. Everyone had a great time looking around. Of course, Isabelle and Caleb fell asleep. Only Ian was awake by the time we came back to the hotel. In the evening Stephen and I went out to dinner with some other people, and had a babysitter watch the kids here. It was nice to have one meal without the kids. :)


1 comments:
I just finished looking at all the
pictures and enjoyed each one. I printed a few to keep. Some day I will be able to show them to the children when they least expect it.
Anna I noticed yo had trouble getting the butterflies to open their wings long enough to get a picture of the beautiful blue color inside. We saw some butterflies at the aquarium in Chattanooga that looked like those. They too were eating oranges. Jo
Post a Comment