Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just Checking In

We had a nice visit with Steve and Kristi Diehl in Lewistown over the weekend. I took the camera, but we never took any pictures. You can see Steve and Kristi on their website. They have been such an encouragement to us in the process of applying to the CMA, etc. Stephen wrote more about the weekend on our missions blog, so I won't duplicate the effort.
While we were there, Ian started to get sick. He has a cold, which is making its way through the whole family. Needless to say we haven't done much at all this week.
I was glad that we were homeschooling Ian. At least Monday and Tuesday he would have been too sick to go to school (and possibly yesterday and today too.) I'm glad we didn't have to get into all of the issues with the school over him missing. We could do some reading and other work in little segments, and then he could rest when he needed too. I think getting rest is the best thing to do when you are sick so that your body has a chance to heal.
Anyway, that is what our week has been like. It may be next week before I get around to putting more on our blog.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Be thankful for colds! The Davick family (5 kids from 2-7 years old) had a stomach bug (puking plus) for three weeks, and Sara (the mom) had it three times. Finally, they were healthy enough to get out of the house, all together, except Greg (dad) who was working and Katie who was at school. They went to a mom's Bible study at church. Someone passed on a bug there. Every person at the study, moms and kids, got both symptoms of the virus, which for Sara meant cleaning up after the littlest ones while she herself was still very sick. Luckily, they have lots of family in town who were willing to risk illness in order to help with the kids!