Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Friday Field Trip


Stephen and I had a field trip on Friday. It happened to coincide with a "planning day" at the kids school. This is not really surprising as they seem to be out of school constantly for some reason or other. (Yesterday was a holiday and today is another planning day-- added to the 3 days of school they had off unexpectedly the week before for asbestos.)
Our field trip was a treasure hunt in downtown Sherbrooke. We split into teams of 3 students (5 teams total), and we each had a different list. We had to find information on various landmarks, stop complete strangers in the street and ask questions in French, and other things like that.
I wasn't sure how the kids would do, because it was a lot of walking and not much of interest to them. But I think they all just enjoyed being out and about on such a nice spring day.
Just in case you were wondering... my team came in first and Stephen's came in second. There were no prizes, but Isabelle thought it was very important that we beat the boys. (I had Isabelle and Caleb and Stephen had Ian with him.)
After we finished, we were waiting in the area in front of city hall for the other teams. The kids had fun running around, and there were many beautiful tulips that we all enjoyed seeing.



An attempt at a family photo. Next time I will have to have all of the kids tilt there heads to opposite sides. Ian is almost hidden.

1 comments:

Anonymous

That's a cute idea for a family photo. Even Caleb has his arms out:). Maybe you can get everyone's faces in on a different try!