Today we are having cinnamon flavored sun tea instead of coffee. It's very nice on a hot day likeou today.
Last Saturday we had an impromptu belated New Year's Eve party at the Harvey's house. Becky Harvey made lots of yummy doughnuts, and we played games and watched a movie. (Pictures to come.)
We had some more short term people arrive on Saturday. That brings us up to a total of 5 in addition to our regular team. Since most the short term people plus 5 of the long term people eat lunch here on Monday- Friday, we have had quite a busy week. But it's been a fun one, as we get to know new friends.y
The guinea pig pictures are from last Friday. At the end of the work day, they moved to the Harvey's house. I have to admit that I was quite relieved to see them go.
Today someone came to sell us honey. I bought it- all five liters- which had to have bees, honeycomb and dirt strained out. I think word is getting out that I can't say no. :)
After a little bit of a break from hearing gunfire, we have heard a little bit since Sunday morning. It's still on the other side of the river, and we are not concerned at this point. We are just taking the usual precautions- not going out after dark unless necessary, not going out alone, etc.
I have started to try to work on Lingala a little bit every day. I was trying before, but now I have it on my schedule. Hopefully, that will help! :)
We had a really enjoyable Wednesday morning. Stephen had the morning off, and we went for a bike ride as a family. We rode from the hospital to the bridge at Hippo River. I wish I could capture the looks on people's faces when they see us coming! We provide lots of entertainment.
Stephen is not on call this weekend, so I am hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. Maybe even another bike ride.
How did your week go?
Last Saturday we had an impromptu belated New Year's Eve party at the Harvey's house. Becky Harvey made lots of yummy doughnuts, and we played games and watched a movie. (Pictures to come.)
We had some more short term people arrive on Saturday. That brings us up to a total of 5 in addition to our regular team. Since most the short term people plus 5 of the long term people eat lunch here on Monday- Friday, we have had quite a busy week. But it's been a fun one, as we get to know new friends.y
The guinea pig pictures are from last Friday. At the end of the work day, they moved to the Harvey's house. I have to admit that I was quite relieved to see them go.
Today someone came to sell us honey. I bought it- all five liters- which had to have bees, honeycomb and dirt strained out. I think word is getting out that I can't say no. :)
After a little bit of a break from hearing gunfire, we have heard a little bit since Sunday morning. It's still on the other side of the river, and we are not concerned at this point. We are just taking the usual precautions- not going out after dark unless necessary, not going out alone, etc.
I have started to try to work on Lingala a little bit every day. I was trying before, but now I have it on my schedule. Hopefully, that will help! :)
We had a really enjoyable Wednesday morning. Stephen had the morning off, and we went for a bike ride as a family. We rode from the hospital to the bridge at Hippo River. I wish I could capture the looks on people's faces when they see us coming! We provide lots of entertainment.
Stephen is not on call this weekend, so I am hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. Maybe even another bike ride.
How did your week go?

9 comments:
The guinea pigs are kind of cute. Kind of. Sort of. Not that I want any!!!
Pretty pets. Somebody else's pets I should say. I just got honey too this Weds. No bees in it. At least now you'll be all set for tea time and maybe use some up for making granola!
Sounds like a good time together for "New Years". =) What are the plans for the honey? That's a lot. Honey butter? Yum!
Straining honey...I would think that would be quite a sticky mess! I hope you enjoy it all...and the guinee pigs do look cute!
Oh sounds like you had a great week. The little pigs are cute. It is warmer here thankfully so I could use some tea too but I am out. Darn. Here's my email
slegan@yahoo.com.
I'll email you so you'll know who it is. I have some Praises!
Hope you have a Blessed day.
Smiles,
Sherry
My husband makes good donuts with honey butter. I can't imagine having to strain my own honey though!
Hope you get your bike ride in. It's a nice day here. Nice, but cold. It almost looks like park weather out there, but it's only 34 degrees!
Have a great weekend!
-Melissa
Love the pictures!
Sounds like a nice week! Well, except for the gunfire part!
I love honey. I love fresh honey. Not so sure I love honey that I have to work that hard for!
Bless you!
I did have help with the honey. The cook for the hospital staff cooks lunch in our kitchen. She translated for me so that I could buy the honey, and helped me to strain it. I was actually really surprised, because I didn't realize it came with the bees and some pieces of wax.
I am keeping some of it (the honey- not the bees or wax), and passing some on to friends.
The honey butter sounds like a good idea. I will have to try it. I also have a oatmeal honey bread that I am going to make.
Honey:) I made a marinade for chicken Mom wanted to try. It had honey and lemon and cayenne pepper. I had to leave and haven't eaten my leftovers yet...
Post a Comment