Monday, January 4, 2010

Ian turns 10!


Today is Ian's 10th birthday. It's hard to believe that 10 years have gone by already.
I still remember when he was just a baby, and would cry if I left the room.
Now he's growing fast-- constantly moving, thinking, talking.
Sometimes he amazes me with his maturity and insight... and other times, well, he's still a young boy. But I like to see the glimpses of the man he will become one day.

He had a sleepover this weekend. It was just with one other boy (Michael Ralston), but they had fun. Noah Harvey was in Brazzaville, so we plan to do another one after he comes back.
Michael gave him a notebook and markers, and Ian has started filling the notebook with drawings and descriptions of super heroes that he has imagined.

3 comments:

Emmy

Happy Birthday, IAN!! We miss sharing birthday celebrations with you and Keith, but we're SO glad God has given you some neat new buddies in Africa!

Anonymous

Happy birthday, dear Ian. I wish you could send me some heat, and I could send you some cool. It was 23 degrees when I got out around 9:30 this morning!

Joyce

Thanks for stopping by our blog. Happy belated birthday to Ian! It definitely goes by fast when you look back on it, although certain days are pretty slow. Cherish every moment. Have a lovely weekend.

http://joyceandnorm.wordpress.com/