Our excitement this week was a visit from the US ambassador to the Republic of Congo. He met with various officials, had lunch at the Harvey's house, and did a tour of the hospital. After that he (and the group with him) came to our house for a drink and snack before heading back to the plane to Brazzaville.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Company Girl Coffee- Visit from the Ambassador
Our excitement this week was a visit from the US ambassador to the Republic of Congo. He met with various officials, had lunch at the Harvey's house, and did a tour of the hospital. After that he (and the group with him) came to our house for a drink and snack before heading back to the plane to Brazzaville.
Labels:
Company Girl Coffee,
ROC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow, Anna. I spent some time reading your other blog (and praying, and trying not to cry in my office). What an incredible adventure, to be able to provide relief from physical suffering, and offer the One who can remove eternal suffering. I will be back often to read and pray.
Diane (company girl)
I knew when you got married your kids wouldn't have "normal lives"! But I think part of what makes it seem more normal is that they adapt well and don't act like their lives are that unusual, maybe in part because they don't know how really unusual their lives are!
Really, what is "normal"? They are learning and growing and loving and having fun. Experiencing the world is not the norm, but it will help them to be more learned adults and probably more open-minded about diversity and differences.
Wow! Their life may not be "normal" but it is blessed by circumstances that will enrich and grow them!
That is real living!
Whether or not your kids have a 'normal' life is probably not relevant - I'm sure they're getting more out of their 'abnormal' life than many kids here! They are certainly better off in many regards.
Thanks for visiting today! I feel you on the dish rags - I'll have to work up a couple of those after finishing this shawl.
Nope...not normal! AWESOME! You are doing a good job, Mama...keep up the good work!
Post a Comment