Time for another Company Girl Coffee.
It's been fun to see everyone's pictures of snow and ice. Personally, I think that snow is pretty, but I'm not a fan of cold weather. I was definitely tired of snow by the time we left Quebec. It has nice to see it from a distance this time.
The weather here is extremely different. We are in the dry season. I call it the slightly less rainy season. It still rains a couple times a week on average, instead of every day. The temperatures are climbing higher, but the occasional rain does cool things down. The good thing is that most of our laundry will now dry in 24 hours instead of 48.
One of the nice things is that we are able to enjoy the outdoors. The kids can play outside everyday, we go for bike rides, and we have school outside frequently.

One day this past week, the gardeners were trimming the bushes behind our house with a machete. Caleb was fascinated by what they were doing, and decided to help out. He's swinging a stick at the bushes to "help" trim them. He wants to have a real machete, but we don't think that's a good idea (for some reason).
3 comments:
When I lived in the Philippines, my 6 year old cousins would chop sugar canes with a machete. That's just crazy to me, but so normal for them! It's so cute that your son was imitating with a stick. Boys have such wonderful imaginations. Glad you are enjoying the weather!
Happy Valentines!
Man, mom! You're such a buzzkill! *lol*
I'm the same way about snow. It's fun to play around in for awhile (i.e. a few minutes until I can't feel my nose or fingers or toes anymore), but you can most likely find me by the fireplace reading a book and drinking hot chocolate. Good thing there's no snow over here. =) I'm looking forward to being able to take the kids out without having to bundle up with so much clothes. Have a great week.
Post a Comment