Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


After we almost moved in December, we had less stuff in our house. Some of it had gone into storage, and some we decided to sell or give away. Once we unpacked, I rearranged to make things fit better. It was nice to have more space (well, actually the same space, but less stuff to go in that space.)
My plan at the time was that we would spend at least part of one weekend a month keeping things organized and decluttered (is that a word?) That way when we do move, it will be easy to pack. (OK, maybe it will be easier to pack. Packing up an entire house, especially one with kids can never be easy.) My plan is that we'll have things somewhat organized, and have gotten rid of any extra things.
Of course, this month we started homeschooling Ian. That has taken up extra time. Any "free" time I might have on the weekend is used for catching up on laundry, cleaning, etc, or getting things ready for the next week of school.
I saw the "Tackle it Tuesday" on the 5 Minutes for Mom website. I thought I would try to do one small thing every week to keep things under control.
Today, I re-organized the linen closet. It was getting out of control, and I never seem to get to it. I also rearranged and organized the girl's craft area. I am sure that it won't stay that way for long, but at least for now everything has a place.
Now I'm off to tackle feeding 4 kids supper, and getting things ready for Bible study. The fun never ends.

3 comments:

Smarty Pants Mama

Great job putting dedicating some time to tackle! It must be super tough with your busy family!
Congrats!
Smiles,
caroline
Visit Me!
SmartyPantsMama.blogspot.com

Karen

It's amazing how fast the clutter accumulates! WTG getting that linen closet tackled!!

Heart of Wisdom

Good Job Mom! Keep up the good work!
Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/