New Year-- New WheelsOf course, that doesn't mean exactly the same thing here as it would in the States. The main form of transportation is walking, followed by biking. Our problem was that Caleb can only ride around for fun, and Isabelle can do short distances, but not long.
The Harveys had a bike trailer that they offered to us. After Art Ralston made a few repairs to it, he brought it by our house. Isabelle and Caleb were excited to see it. We've already taken quite a few rides around the hospital compound.

In other news, things remain calm here. This was an uneventful week, and I'm hoping things remain uneventful at least a little longer.
There is a new short term person, a pediatrician, who arrived Thursday- bearing M&M's. You can imagine I was happy about that! Two more short term people will be arriving Tuesday. I plan to post pictures, names and descriptions on our mission blog next week... in my spare time...
I've been keeping up with the small things from Home Sanctuary. You may notice the Company Girl Coffee button on the side of the blog. That has been a fun thing to do, and I want to try to keep it going.
5 comments:
Awesome! Welcome to Company Girl Coffee! It's good to meet you!
YAY! for your new ride! That is awesome! And thank you for your service!
Hi I really ejoyed reading your blog this morning and the mission blog too.
My husband and I are in ministry as well and so when you mentioned it you drew me in. We serve at home inside a teenage boys prison and a teen girls halfway house (also a prison unit) I have been doing Rachel's Simple things for about a year. Never turned in points. This past year has been busy for me with ministry and I have kept our grandbaby 2 or 3 times a week. He starts preschool next week so my life will change. I'll spend much more time making my home a sanctuary. I will come and visit you again soon. And I will keep you all in my prayers. I am siging in on my other blog so you'll have it too.
I am Sherry at Myhomesanctuary.blogspot.com that's where you found me for coffee. Actually I had hot cocoa!
Have a Blessed Weekend.
I like the new look of your blog:). I'll be hoping the next short-term people bring American chocolate, too!!!
Thanks for visiting. I enjoyed Company Girl Coffee at your place too.
Welcome to Company Girl coffee! I am so envious of the green grass and shorts! It'll be a while before we see that in Chicago.
Post a Comment