
As a child, I looked forward Easter each year. When we were young, my two sisters and I would have matching dresses, hats, and white gloves. As we got older, we didn't want to match anymore, but we had a new dress each Easter.
Another highlight of Easter was always our Easter basket, with dyed eggs and of course, lots of candy.
I want to make some special memories for our kids with Easter, too. Here are some of the things we have done.
1. We always have Easter baskets, but I gave them away before we moved. I didn't want to buy anymore, because I know we will just get rid of them when we move again this summer. I'm not sure if I will maybe do a temporary type of basket. I haven't really had time to think about it yet.
2. We like to have an Easter Egg hunt. Last year we did ours indoors. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate for an outdoor hunt this year.
3. We always read the Easter Story from a children's bible or book. We want to make sure the kids know the true meaning of Easter. This year we have been reading the events leading up to Easter at family devotions.
4. Last year I made Hot Cross Buns for the first time. I like the symbolism of the cross for Good FridayThere are pictures of kids enjoying their Hot Cross Buns here. This year I think I am going to make some to share with neighbors. We are out of class tomorrow, the kids are out of school and I think they will enjoy doing this as a project.
Check here for more ideas for Easter Dessert ideas. There are some yummy looking recipes, but I don't know that I will have time for much cooking this year.
2 comments:
I'm making mine tonight (actually just the dough in my breadmaker) and I'll make them in the morning. Thanks for this recipe version!
After you moved out...and actually after I was an adult, I wanted an Easter basket, but Mom didn't want to hunt them up, so we had Easter bowls for a few years. No eggs, but the important thing was the candy. I've heard stories that we dressed alike after you and Sarah were through with the matching thing but our relatives just liked sewing for all the girls since Carrie's the only other cousin and didn't live nearby.
Post a Comment