We are back in class today. Stephen has the morning class, and I have the afternoon class. I have lots of pictures of the kids from this weekend that I will try to post this week.
Today I wanted to tell you about a very interesting blog called Brazzaville Days. It is written by the wife of a US diplomat living in Brazzaville (the capital of the Republic of Congo.) It is full of information and pictures of the Congo in general, and Brazzaville in particular.
We will not be living in Brazzaville, but it is the city we will fly into and out of, and visit from time to time.
Some of the posts that I have found very interesting are as follows:
Olde Tyme Communications
Gorilla Watching in Congo
To Market to Market
If you have time, you should read all of the posts and look at the pictures. I found it very fascinating. It will give you a little picture of some of our life in the future.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
They talked a lot about Brazzaville in The Poisonwood Bible. The country was at war, and the missionaries wanted to get back to Brazzaville, if I remember right. When you have some free time to read a book in English, you should read it. It's really good.
Post a Comment